OC didn't bill ins. now neg on CRA

wnlbutterflyMarch 28, 2004

I just got back a validation for a medical bill. On it they had listed us as "SELF PAY", which in fact we had insurance coverage (Kaiser actually, which is why we were at that medical building instead of near home...out of state even).

They sent it to collections and it's been a bad tradeline on hubby's report. What is the best way to approach this, send them a copy of the card, ask for them to bill CORRECTLY, and to remove this from reports as it was their error and not ours?

THANKS....I have a feeling that the other medical billing will be the same situation. Laura

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kittiemom

I would call them, explain the situation & ask them to bill your ins. You should be able to just give them your card # over the phone, but in this case I would mail them a copy as well. Since it's showing up on your credit report, I would send them a letter with the copy of the card, explaining the situation again & send it certified mail with a return receipt. If you make a phone call, make sure to note the date, time, & person you spoke with.

I'm not sure if you would notify the credit bureau or if they would. Call the credit bureau & ask.

I recently had a similar situation. I live right on a state line. My family doctor is only six miles away, but in another state. They kept billing Blue Cross & sending me letters saying that I owed them money because everything had gone toward my deductible. I have co-pays for doctor visits. They had not read the back of the card which instructed them to file with Blue Cross in their state rather than my state. They failed to correct this after a couple of phone calls, so I went to their office, showed them my card, which plainly stated co-pay & sat with one of them while she called Blue Cross & made the corrections.

Greta

Bookmark   March 29, 2004 at 7:37AM
wnlbutterfly

I am sending copies so that I KNOW they receive them, I don't trust anything people tell me over the phone anymore. Best part however, is that I mentioned it to our mortgage broker and she wants the copies also. I think it will help with our interest rate (we are in the middle of trying for a home mortgage too). Now just waiting for the next bill to come in before sending out that letter.

Laura

Bookmark   March 29, 2004 at 9:57PM
wnlbutterfly

I got back a letter from one of them saying they didn't know about the insurance (which they HAD billed just 6 months prior, not to mention printing off two account summaries with a minute of each other (I have the proof) and one shows Kaiser and the other doesn't). And that they couldn't contact me, (didn't have a phone then), and so on. When I tried to call I got the same thing...not our fault because you didn't do this and this, yet, I am doing it now and they can't seem to grasp the idea of lets fix it now.

The letter basically states they made no error and the amount is due. So they are refusing to bill the insurance. I didn't think that was legal. I sent a complaint to BBB, but don't know who else to complain to. Doesn't seem right I pay for medical insurance and have providers that don't want to bill it.

Laura

Bookmark   April 7, 2004 at 9:20AM
talley_sue_nyc

Ask them for a copy of the bill that includes diagnostic codes, and send it to the insurance company yourself. Send it registered, of course, and send a copy to the health-careprovider along w/ a letter telling them what you are doing, and that they should expect payment from Kaiser.

I don't know what Kaiser's like, but many times I've found when I talk to the folks at the insurance company, they can straighten it out in no time.

Bookmark   April 7, 2004 at 8:31PM
More Discussions
Ontario - Canadian law question
Hi: I am hoping I can find someone on the forum who...
mistopheles52
Accounting Question
I was hoping there'd be an accounting forum her on...
andrelaplume2
I NEED to vent!
I am so UPSET Just received a notice from my credit...
KarenPA_6b
Investing for your Future
I'm wondering if most people today hire financial planners...
cmarlin20
Spending Breakdown
My wife and I have tracked our spending over the last...
rjexit5
Sponsored Products
The Perfect Shade Protector 14 x 10-ft. Motorized Semi-Cassette Retractable Awni
Hayneedle
6 in. Clear Fresnal Glass Shower Trim 6-Pack
PLFixtures
Progress Lighting 8 In. Pro-Optic White Baffle Trim P8117-28
$68.85 | Home Depot
Good Housekeeping Roman Shades: Exclusive Solids & Patterns Light Filtering
Blindsgalore
Silver Double Timer
$13.99 | zulily
LED Nebbia White Tech Track Pendant for Lightolier Track Systems
Euro Style Lighting
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™