Lazy Boy recliners

needingadviceJanuary 9, 2010

We are shopping for leather recliners, and are not sure what to do. We like a Lazy Boy recliner we saw, but are afraid of Lazy Boy because of all the bad reviews and many complaints by consumers we've read about the company online. But their mechanism has good features no one else has, like the incremental-positions for the footrest or the recline-stop-and-stay ability. Our biggest concern is the use by Lazy Boy of Chinese leather or tanning process. Can anyone advise us on Lazy Boy or an alternative?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hellokitty

We spent a few months researching recliners, and I too, came across the bad reviews on LB. I was disappointed because we have an old LB recliner we have had for almost 25 yrs. They are made in China now & have many problems. Or at least that seems to be their reputation now. I found a Stressless recliner made by Ekornes that we finally purchased. We really did not want to spend that much money on one chair, but finally considered it an investment. Suggest you take a look at them. I personally don't care for the way the chair looks, but it is so comfy. I have neck problems so I had to find a chair that did not push my head forward. It was a much harder task than I expected to find that kind of chair. Good luck!

Bookmark   January 10, 2010 at 11:40AM
More Discussions
looking for Marge Carson Used Pieces
Hi there, I am looking to buy used Marge Carson Furniture. Kindly, Barb...
iluvcarats
Michael Thomas sectional
Recently rented a luxury ski home that featured a Michael...
Christina Stumpf
how to buy high end furniture online and save?
Is there a guide to buying highend furniture online? I...
LauraOliver
Need suggestions to soften my recliner
I bought a recliner from China, construction is fine...
biax
Tolix for outdoors?
Does anyone have experience using Tolix chairs outdoors?...
Chris 802
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™