Vinyl Plank Flooring

nowyousedumJanuary 10, 2014

Has anyone done this in their home? I would go with the wide (5") plank. My house is in the $180,000 range. That's decent in this region, not like California where it wouldn't buy much anymore. Don't want to bring down the value. But we have 9 kids and 3 adults living here and I don't want to ruin the Engineered Hardwood I was first considering. ANY advice would be appreciated! By the way, we have a pool and would be "wet" quite often.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nowyousedum

Can't seem to remove this comment. Belongs to a different post. Also, I LOVE the beveled edges! I have tile now that has wide grout lines, so crumbs in the spaces are not a concern.

This post was edited by nowyousedum on Sat, Jan 11, 14 at 8:56

Bookmark   January 11, 2014 at 8:54AM
reyesuela

I did it as a temporary floor downstairs. I even got the cheapest stuff. It fools EVERYBODY. It looks much more realistic than laminate and feels less plasticky just walking on it. And it is bombproof. I highly recommend it.

Bookmark   January 15, 2014 at 10:42AM
moorea97

What type of vinyl plank did you use? What color and how large of space was it? I was looking at some Allure at Home Depot. We are not handy. DId you put it in yourself? Thanks reyesuela

Bookmark   January 15, 2014 at 10:39PM
a.girl.named.max

I'm also looking for vinyl plank flooring. I want the click and lock kind. I am concerned about the Allure at Home Depot. It seems to scratch easily. I ran my nail across a sample and it left a scratch.

I the last few years I think the flooring company have introduced a lot of new choices for "floating" vinyl plank flooring

Looking forward to responses!

Bookmark   January 31, 2014 at 10:27PM
More Discussions
Difference visually between 1/8 and 3/16 grout joints?
We're thinking 1/8 but the installer is suggesting...
joep_2009
why is everyone pushing water based poly?
Everyone that I have gotten estimates for is pricing...
NYMK
Handscraped hardwood -- will it become dated?
So we are in the process of building a new home. We...
carsonheim
Filler in travertine marble tiles is coming out causing pitting
We put travertine marble throughout our house. We were...
caribbeancupcake
Has anyone purchased from value floors direct?
Has anyone purchased flooring from value floors direct? I...
willintotry
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™