Just had Mohawk Smartstrand Installed from Lowes

jaidogJanuary 21, 2014

About four years ago, we had a Mohawk Smartstrand Frieze installed in our den. The carpet is very soft and we are very happy with it. At the time, we purchased the carpet from a local Mohawk dealer.

A few months ago, we decided to re-carpet our four bedrooms and living room. The dealer we previously used is no longer a Mohawk dealer and the style we previously purchased has been discontinued. I managed to find a style similar to our previous style at a few local dealers and Lowes. We ended up going with Lowes since the other local dealers were charging much more for the same carpet. Lowes' name for the style we selected is Pender -- it is a 47 oz. frieze.

Our carpet was installed this past weekend. The installers were prompt, professional, had 14 years of experience, and did a good job as far as I can tell. We used Mohawk's SmartCushion and are just as happy with this carpet as the one we purchased four years ago.

I spent many hours scouring posts for SmartStrand advice, and thought I would provide this feedback to help others who are in the market for carpeting.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jdez

We are planning on putting carpet in our bedrooms and I have no idea what I want. This will be a good one to start checking out. Thanks.

Bookmark   January 23, 2014 at 10:49PM
jaidog

If you like Frieze, then 'Pender' is a good choice from Lowes. If you want a more traditional cut pile, I believe Lowe's Smartstrand style is called 'Lucky Star' which has been referenced in several older posts in this forum.

Bookmark   January 28, 2014 at 3:23PM
valtorrez

I got the Pender type installed by Lowes last April when they had the 18 month no interest deal. I really like it and so far very pleased. I read comments on here about not using lowes but I saw the same carpet at carpet stores and it cost almost a thousand more once installed.

Bookmark   February 1, 2014 at 8:21PM
More Discussions
Flooring for road noise - Carpet or LVT
Hi Everyone, We are looking into replacing our entire...
houston70sranch
Suggestions for Beach House Flooring
Building a 2500 SF house and 500 SF carriage house...
cobbyw
why is everyone pushing water based poly?
Everyone that I have gotten estimates for is pricing...
NYMK
LVT or Tile
I am trying to decide what to replace my carpet in...
hlariscy
Floor sanding/screening question
I just purchased my first home and decided to get the...
berlinswing
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™