Is Omnia Leather Sofa good quality?

eBeth123January 11, 2011

I'm interested in an Omnia leather sofa in the Kathy Ireland collection - the City Craft.

http://www.omnialeather.com/StyleDetail.aspx?cate=1&sID=166

The price is in the right ballpark since it's about $1000 less than the Classic Leather sofa I was pricing out.

I'm not familiar with this brand. Is Omnia a decent brand?

There is a 5-year warranty on the leather, 3-year on the cushions and lifetime on the frame (made of hardwood).

http://www.omnialeather.com/gcqa.aspx

We're getting a sofa and a loveseat so I'm doing my research before dropping $3000.

Thanks for your comments!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Brent

In Canada, I sat on the Omnia Cathy Ireland sofa a few years ago (probably not the one you're asking about) and I was impressed in the quality and fit. I also think it had a power recline motor as an option?

Have you sat in the furniture you mentioned?

I liked it better then La-Z-Boy seating.

Bookmark   January 12, 2011 at 9:58PM
chefmom_2010

We have 2 Omnia leather sectionals for about 1 yr. and have had no problems with them - I did alot of research and they are a mid-range level quality. Good luck.

Bookmark   January 13, 2011 at 10:20AM
detodog

Don't be fooled! I just got an Omnia Couch. It uses thin material with strong Velcro on all the cushions. Not only does it make a LOUD noise every time you move but the cheap backing material is under stress from the Velcro and will wear out soon. I called Customer Service, they were rude and just want to blame the store I purchased it in. Leather couches should be made of leather, not the cheap, gossamer thin material they use. Many if it was a cheap $400 couch but I paid $3,000 and got poor service. Tried to sleep on it last night, kept waking me up with the sound of Velcro pulling on the thin backing. Bet it rips in 1 year.

Bookmark   May 1, 2014 at 11:39AM
Bestleather

Re: Detodog. You didn't want to give Customer Service any info regarding where you bought it, when you bought it and when you received it. If you would provide the info requested we could have helped. If you would still like assistance, then please provide the requested information.Otherwise, nothing can be done to help you until we have this info. We are celebrating our 25th anniversary and to be able to do so,we strive to provide the finest product as well as customer service to our loyal followers. We look forward to helping in resolving the issues you are having, but with the requested information provided first. Thank you.

Bookmark   June 3, 2014 at 4:21PM
toronado3800 Zone 6 StLouis

eBeath, call and ask them how long in years their lifetime frame warranty is. I wanna say that means seven years in Missouri but my google on the cell is not so handy.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.furnituretoday.com/blogpost/7917-how-long-do-sofas-live

Bookmark   June 10, 2014 at 8:55AM
More Discussions
How to add under bed storage?
I love our bed, especially the headboard. Sadly our...
fuzzypawsnewpad
Couch identity help
Where can I find a similar couch(shape wise)? http://www.neodecodesigns.com/images/portfolio_images/trendybluecontemporary/6.JPG...
Sangeetha Selvaraj
Slats or Boxspring?
Like the title says: Slats or Boxspring to support...
pbx2
Upholstery Fabric Durability
I am about to purchase a Lee Industries couch and two...
3kidsonedogandus
Leather Furniture Expo
I'm considering purchasing a sofa by Elite Leather,...
Jen44012
Sponsored Products
Logan Silver Towel Holder
$99.00 | FRONTGATE
ACF by Nameeks ACF CD03-GA Crystal Dance 28-in. Single Bathroom Vanity Set - Glo
Hayneedle
Colors in Motion Giclee Glow Mini Pendant Light
$99.99 | Lamps Plus
Kyle Mini Pendant by Quoizel
| Lumens
Detroit Dark Grey Convertible Sectional Sofa and Ottoman
Overstock.com
Stowe Leather Loveseat - Brighton Energy Pink
Joybird Furniture
At The Resort Outdoor Sectional & Table Set
| Dot & Bo
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Chandra Rugs Rowe 7 ft. 9 in. x 10 ft. 6