seating for home theater

maisoui1January 12, 2013

Hi all,
We are putting a home theater in our basement. The room is 14 x 19 so I do not have space for 2 rows of chairs without compromising the viewing distance. I plan on having 6 theater chairs. I don't want the room to look too crowded so I would prefer sleek looking chairs. I was looking at a brand called Jaymar out of Canada - http://www.jaymar.ca. In the catalog the one called Wings looked like it would work. The 6 chairs in a medium grade leather would be about $14K Does anyone have any alternative brands to suggest - very comfortable, non bulky, sleek, motorized recline? There was another chair I liked - the Collins chair by comfort design but those chairs are like $3K each. There are 3 of us at home so the other chairs are to accommodate additional guests when necessary

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ayesha_irshad

i think Colllins chair is a good option to invest

Bookmark   January 14, 2013 at 9:14AM
Northlut

We have Palliser and have been very happy with them. They seem very well-built for the price (there are certainly better chairs available, but they're much more expensive).

Bookmark   January 26, 2013 at 7:58PM
freethinker99

Palliser actually has a very good home theater program. They have chairs with motion, vibration, easy snap together set up and nice classic looks.

Bookmark   February 5, 2013 at 9:08AM
freethinker99

Check out Omnia from California. I think they have some nice home theatre seating.

Bookmark   February 11, 2013 at 11:16AM
freethinker99

Another suggestion try 6 nice leather club chairs not nessisarily home theatre chairs. It might be a more upscale look. Although this will cost you some money. I would say about $1500 each for some nice ones.

Bookmark   February 19, 2013 at 8:25AM
More Discussions
Online slipcover companies
Need to re-slipcover our Arhaus Greta sectional, and...
kardut
Coaster furniure quality?
I found a dining table and china cabinet online that...
cand1781
Couch for Big and Tall Guy
What suggestions would you all offer on what to look...
happs
What happens to returned furniture
We recently received a living room furniture and one...
madness76
Hancock & Moore older leather chair, maybe H&M sofa,can they be saved?
I have an opportunity to pick up this chair and sofa...
aesanford
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™