WHERE to get 2 release handles for recliner couch

suzscatzJanuary 11, 2010

We need 2 Release handles (for both sides of a recliner couch) ~ (cable release type) - they are brown plastic ovals that is/are hooked on to a cable with a little clip that lets the recliner operate. We need 2 of these handles, but would gladly purchase 4. We purchased a recliner sofa from Jerome's about 6-7 years ago, and when we called them regarding the broken handles, they said that the furniture was manufactured by Douglas Furniture, but they no longer carry that brand of furniture. Hopefully, someone can tell us who can supply us with these handles, as the couch is still in great shape, and we would like it to be able to recline once again! Thank you for your time and help with this matter, Sue

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bobismyuncle

Get the model number and manufacture date (or serial number) of the piece and contact Douglas Furniture directly. I have had success with this with other manufacturers. If they can't help you ask if they know the manufacturer and model number of the mechanism. Most of these are made by OEM supplier Leggett and Platt and they may be able to help you.

I'm trying to find some from Broyhill right now. Their stupid customer service line just dumps you if you wait more than 60 seconds. One way to keep the calls waiting down, I suppose.

Here is a link that might be useful: L & P

Bookmark   January 12, 2010 at 7:10PM
forboystoo

Just want to understand better ..Is it something like this ??

Here is a link that might be useful: http://cgi.ebay.com/La-Z-BOY-Recliner-Handle_W0QQitemZ220541755216QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Chairs?hash=item3359501f50

Bookmark   January 17, 2010 at 9:42PM
    Bookmark   January 17, 2010 at 9:45PM
kittyjoseph

Give me more information about recliner couch.

Bookmark   February 22, 2010 at 9:32AM
More Discussions
Trying to fluff up my mushy Z Gallerie sofa... help!
I have a 'Stella' sofa from Z Gallerie, and the cushions...
walker328
Need Beadroom Furniture
Well, two months ago I changed my home furniture. But...
jazmin07
Brands of good quality leather sofas?
I just ordered two sofas from Restoration Hardware....
lcskaisgir
Couch identity help
Where can I find a similar couch(shape wise)? http://www.neodecodesigns.com/images/portfolio_images/trendybluecontemporary/6.JPG...
Sangeetha Selvaraj
sectional sofa help
we're in the market for a sectional for our basement...
lmgch
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™