American leather flexsteel palliser fjords (ekornes like)

violetsbackJanuary 20, 2014

Hi,

I'm looking for a leather sofa and reclining chair in traditional to contemporary styles. Maybe budget 4500

I am a short small woman with back problems and so I like the recliners that come in different sizes like palliser, ekornes, fjords ( my back likes zero gravity) and American leather.

However there are little reviews on fjords and American leather has some issues with construction. I need very supportive cushions? ( high density foam/ latex??) and maybe non loose cushioned back.

Any thoughts on ordering these manufacturers in quality or others that make a deep reclining leather recliner ( and freestanding sofa in leather also) where I can find these features.

Thanks for your help!

Violets back

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kwajkid

What do people think of Hooker or Bernhardt?

We are thinking of buying this brand, to replace what must be one of the last good lay z boys (circa 1998). I'm getting increasingly scared that anything we buy now will be junk. I'd like a new style, so don't want to recover the Lay z boy.

Bookmark   January 22, 2014 at 8:29AM
domengineer

We love our new sofa. I hated to part with my old Ethan Allen sofa, but now I am thrilled. We just bought the Vail Sofa with a chaise on one end. I highly recommend the upgraded cushions. They sit nice and firm. I am very particular about sofas. I don't like to sink down low into them. This sofa gets daily use so I wanted it to hold up and be comfortable. I paid close to $2500 for the combination that I got. You get what you pay for.

The back cushions are attached. The back is high enough to rest your head while sitting. The back cushions are plush and cradle you when you lay back. The fabric is super soft to the touch.

Bookmark   March 17, 2014 at 9:55AM
freethinker99

Ekornes, Fjords are made in Norway and both are made to a high standard with unique construction methods. The zero gravity chair from Fjords is very comfortable. Fjords is also know as Hjellegjerde. Hjelledjerde has two divisions a higher end special order devlsion and a simpler somewhat lest costly version wearhoused in New Jersey. I do think the have the zero gravity chair in New Jersey. They used to call these two devisions red and blue. Ekornes will tend to cost more due to price controls from Norway on the retial prices.

Bookmark   March 22, 2014 at 6:54AM
kjck

Relatively certain that the lower priced Fjords line is made in China not Norway.

Bookmark   March 22, 2014 at 3:04PM
More Discussions
Rove concepts
Hi: I was wondering if anyone has heard about Rove...
chitra0828
Is using natural latex foam for sofa seat cushions going overboard?
I know this must seem like an odd question, but 100%...
texasgal47
Couch identity help
Where can I find a similar couch(shape wise)? http://www.neodecodesigns.com/images/portfolio_images/trendybluecontemporary/6.JPG...
Sangeetha Selvaraj
Leathercraft recliner, electric vs manual?
Any opinions, or recommendations? Thanks
greandog
Durability of white leather
Will a white leather sofa discolor eventually no matter...
booyah053
Sponsored Products
Dansk Classic Fjord Mug - Set of 4 - LNOX848
$63.96 | Hayneedle
Dansk Classic Fjord Cup - Set of 4 - LNOX849
$63.96 | Hayneedle
Fabbian | Giro LED Pendant Light
$989.10 | YLighting
Fabbian | Giro Large LED Pendant Light
YLighting
Dansk Classic Fjord 4-Piece Place Setting - 816265
$39.95 | Hayneedle