Napoleon Gas Fireplace question

drew2002April 26, 2009

Hi-

For my first post, I would like to ask for some help with a used fireplace that I'm installing in my remodel. I bought this stove used, and did not see it work. I got it installed in my wall, and tried to fire it up, but no pilot. I was told that the valve was faulty, so I replaced that. Still no pilot. I replaced the thermocouple, and now have a pilot light, but now the gas won't flow to the main supply tube so the pilot can ignite it. Any idea on what I need to do to get this fireplace to work? there is a thermopyle that I haven't replaced yet (the only thing left).

Any help would be great. It's a Napoleon GD 25 natural gas.

Drew

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
drew2002

Still dealing with this issue. Now it seemes that the new valve that I got was bad, the pilot tube was cracked, and the thermocouple wasn't putting enugh to the millivolt system to release the solinoid so that the gas would flow to the main tube, SHEESH! I have had to replace everything in this fireplace except the pizometer, some pieces twice. The guy is coming back today, so I'll see if he can pull a rabbit out of his hat. Try before you buy lesson learned on this one.

Bookmark   May 13, 2009 at 10:18AM
More Discussions
replacing wood burning stove with wb fireplace, will it work?
Living room had a wood burning stove. There's a 6"...
petecon
Xtrordinair Fireplace
We were directed to a local shop selling this product....
Lutha
Harman accentra insert wood pellet stove
I'm having a problem with my auger. It won't feed my...
Kyle22
1st timer needs pellet stove guidence
The wife and I just bought a new single floor 1800...
bksinaz
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™