i need a 'real' looking pretend fireplace now

suz1023April 4, 2010

my remodel plans are coming along and we have one area in the great room which just cries out for a fireplace. the trouble is that it is an inside wall with hallway directly over it, so no place at all for venting.

still, maybe there exists a faux fireplace which will give the look and maybe a little bit of heat for that space. it does not need to heat the space, just be a nice feature of the room.

any ideas where to look?

tia.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
suz1023

lol, nevermind! after posting i went back to my plans and the proverbial lightbulb went off. all i have to do is switch the fireplace wall with the library wall and i'll have a place to vent either a wood burning fireplace or gas fireplace.
problem solved!

Bookmark   April 4, 2010 at 10:58PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mdxman33

I wish to share this downloadable folder which I gathered from hundreds of resources in my search for a fireplace designs for my new home which am Finishing-Thanks God- Now.
The folder contains more than 300 images of fireplaces(stone, cultured stone,marble,venere and rumford, french designs and more) beside many DIY manuals about fireplace inserts, consctructing fireplaces, maintaning them and wood burning tips. I will be posting more soon and the folder is being updated from time to then I hope it is not forbidden to share rapidshare folders.

Please enjoy the download:
The file is 67 MB and is worth seeing I hope!!

http://rapidshare.com/files/355556542/Fireplace_images_all_design.rar

This new folder contains Much more images of Fireplace designs, beside the previous folder is incorporated inside here. Please follow the download link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/360074108/Fireplace_pictures_designs_tutorial.rar

I appreciate any input from you, I would love to get more images if you have any to update the two folders.

Bookmark   April 9, 2010 at 7:09AM
More Discussions
I need opinions on what to do with old fireplace
I have an old fireplace that needs a rehab badly. What...
jbryan21
Semi-detached home shared flue fireplace
Hi this is my first post to this forum so forgive me...
hiddentrails
Couple of questions about installing stone veneer
Little background - original lava rock fireplace was...
rosebay
Does this old fireplace have options?
Hey everybody! My home was built in 1930 and originally...
Kristin Jennings
Linear Fireplace
Can I put a 60 inch linear fireplace in place of this...
kjez2010
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™