Alloc laminate

killinsnakesJanuary 30, 2011

I am thinking now about Alloc over pergo. Looking at the Alloc Original Historic Chestnut. Anyone have Alloc and have any likes or dislikes? Re-flooring a house us a hard decision! Trying to get it right! Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
aerosmith

I installed Alloc several years ago. My husband and I did the install in a dining room, hallway, and bedroom. It is a good product. We saved some extra for repairs. We had to fix a couple of sections that were damaged during another flooring job. The new sectons are dull but might blend more with time. It does scratch and will have damage if a heavy object falls on it. We are considering replacing our floors with engineered wood.

Bookmark   February 5, 2011 at 11:56AM
Floortech

Go with the better look. Differences between the two in performance is unmeasurable.

Bookmark   February 5, 2011 at 10:39PM
killinsnakes

I ended up getting a sample of Alloc and bringing it home. It was four pieces to lock together. I really liked the looks and thought I was going to like the durability. Wrong. I left it in front of a door we use a lot and let a little snow melt on it for about six hours. All seams curled a little, so now I'm back to starting over on choices. I have a small dog and there will be accidents once in awhile....that just happens! My parents have had Wilsonart for years and it has taken the spills. Never a problem, wish I had gotten it before they quit making it! Oh well, gives me something to do this winter!

Bookmark   February 6, 2011 at 9:48AM
More Discussions
Wood-flooring vs tile in home with dog
I'm remodeling my 2-story condo and replacing flooring....
LARemodel
Suggestions for Beach House Flooring
Building a 2500 SF house and 500 SF carriage house...
cobbyw
Tiling on Cement Subfloor or Wood Subfloor?
I live in San Francisco and we are not near any water...
gqchynaboy
Water-based finish over dark stained floors?
Hi all, Folks are about to start flooring work on my...
afrochic2
Tile over fiberglass?
Long story short, we added some porches to our new...
Nick Anderson
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™