Wesley Hall or Room or Board sectional?

rachel2b1January 30, 2013

Hi!

We are in the process of buying a sectional for our family room. Local store is having a promotion on Wesley Hall and we can get a beautiful sectional with great fabric for $8k (yikes but great quality). Also looking at a room and board sectional for half the price but the fabric options are not nearly as nice as Wesley Hall. We have two young boys - 4 and 4 mos - and this is our most used room. I am afraid to spend the big bucks and have them destroy it but I dont want something cheaper that wont last either.

Can anyone provide feedback on Wesley Hall quality with young kids and/or suggestions on other companies to look at.

Thanks so much!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rmanbike

In your situation, I suggest picking a fabric that will hold up well and easier to clean. That would be a heavy tight woven olefin in dark colors that can hide stains well. For solid colors choose Ultra suede.
R&B is a retailer not a manufacturer and Wesley Hall is a manufacturer.

I should add that many upholstery manufacturers should review their pics and videos on how not to tie a 8-way hand tied coil springs. This includes Wesley Hall and Hancock & Moore. I could name a few others as well. The rails should always be at least 2" below the center height of the springs after tying. This is the proper way to make a good 8-way seat, but it would require more time and more experience to tie this way. As it is now, these 8-way tied coils is inferior to a solid well designed no-sag sinuous wire seat.

Bookmark   January 30, 2013 at 10:54PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
freethinker99

Room and board sells a lot of McCreary Modern of Newton, North Caolina.

Bookmark   February 1, 2013 at 9:13AM
More Discussions
Hancock & Moore older leather chair, maybe H&M sofa,can they be saved?
I have an opportunity to pick up this chair and sofa...
aesanford
crate barrel sofa quality
what can be said about the crate and barrel sofa quality...
kermit_xc
Kitchen Table Repair
Hi. My kitchen table has a crack in it and I was wondering...
marc83
How to add under bed storage?
I love our bed, especially the headboard. Sadly our...
fuzzypawsnewpad
Ethan Allen furniture... comments on quality
We're looking at Ethan Allen furniture. I know it was...
Mercymygft
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™