What type of stone is this called?

debbie1000April 18, 2010

I'm thinking of considering this for our fireplace redo if feasable.

The pieces are all the same size, apx 18 inches long by maybe 4-6" high but when all placed together they look like individual stones. It appears that they may be installed similar to tile but it looks like stone.

Is this cultured stone or stone veneer? From the sites I have seen, it appears that cultured stone and stone veneer are still individual stones.

Thanks and sorry I cannot be more clear in my description!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

The very first thing you should do is make sure that the manufacturer of this product states that it is noncombustible and therefore suitable for the purpose you have in mind.

    Bookmark   April 25, 2010 at 9:44PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Harman accentra insert wood pellet stove
I'm having a problem with my auger. It won't feed my...
1st timer needs pellet stove guidence
The wife and I just bought a new single floor 1800...
Gas fireplace- fan or no fan?
Looking at a Mendota and a Heat N Glo full view single...
replacing wood burning stove with wb fireplace, will it work?
Living room had a wood burning stove. There's a 6"...
Converting wood fireplace to gas fireplace
Help, I'm overwhelmed. Any link to a good site that...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™