what is the best quality furniture out there? looking for dining

lila123January 22, 2010

I need to purchase a dining room table. What is the absolute best quality money can buy? i was thinking henkel harris but heard good things about council craftsman. heard baker's quality is not so great anymore. would also buy used or antique, but so far have no luck. any advice is appreciated. thanks. oh, and i know boyles in nc sells henkel but where can i find council craftsman at a discount?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
john_wc

Henkel Harris.

Bookmark   January 25, 2010 at 7:26AM
someone2010

Are you asking about furniture manufactuers or one of a kind bench made? Also what style? Do you want contemporary or period? There's a lot out there from guys like Lonnie Bird and Doug Mooberry or Julie Godfrey to John Nyquist or Adrian Ferrazzutti and Doug Pollaro for bench made. If you are talking about factory made the French make some fine contemporary or I like Stickly for period.

Bookmark   March 16, 2010 at 11:57PM
yogacat

John Buchanan and J. L. Treharn are a couple more options for beautiful bench-made pieces.

I like some of the pieces by a French company called Grange. Stickley is hit or miss now that they are manufacturing more pieces in Asia.

Bookmark   March 20, 2010 at 9:55PM
cleondann

Have u heard about used office furniture?
You can get some innovative designs and save money by using used office furniture liquidators services.

Bookmark   March 26, 2010 at 1:56AM
siambasil

Amish furniture tends to be very well made and it is handcrafted of solid wood rather than veneer.

Bookmark   April 21, 2010 at 11:03AM
simplyjeffff

If you want the absolute best that money can buy, there are individual craftsmen who will custom make anything you want. For manufactured furniture, I will put in a vote for Stickley, especially if you like Mission style or modern cherry.

Bookmark   April 24, 2010 at 11:43PM
More Discussions
Need suggestions to soften my recliner
I bought a recliner from China, construction is fine...
biax
Duane Collie - Question, Please!
Our H & M Kodiak sofa, love seat, chair & ottoman...
cindylouhoo
Couch for Big and Tall Guy
What suggestions would you all offer on what to look...
happs
Hancock & Moore older leather chair, maybe H&M sofa,can they be saved?
I have an opportunity to pick up this chair and sofa...
aesanford
Michael Thomas sectional
Recently rented a luxury ski home that featured a Michael...
Christina Stumpf
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™