wood burning insert question

Mar1867April 8, 2011

Hi! We've recently moved into a 20 yo house in Southwest Ontario, and were all set to purchase a Regency Alterra CI 1250 wood burning insert. The dealer has just informed us that we will need to have an electrical outlet placed on the front facing of the brick in order to plug in the blower. Does anyone here have experience with wiring a blower for a wood insert (no matter the brand)? We are down to sub-floor and studs (and are re-building the firebox and brick facing) and can't quite believe we will have to have a cord running from the edge of the fireplace to an outlet (even if it's to a wall outlet). Also, does anyone have this particular unit and if so, is the blower relatively quiet? The store doesn't have one in their showroom so we haven't had an opportunity to actually hear one operate. Many thanks in advance for any advice.

Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Semi-detached home shared flue fireplace
Hi this is my first post to this forum so forgive me...
Hot wall
Hi , I've posted this here before but will try again...
Can woodstove clog a chimney in a month??
We had a Quadrafire 5100 woodburning stove insert installed...
1st timer needs pellet stove guidence
The wife and I just bought a new single floor 1800...
Harmon pellet stove.
What is your experience? I purchased a Harmon P-38...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™