Anyone used hurst hardwoods?

KateB22January 23, 2014

I m trying to find readily available very well priced rift and quartered white oak for flooring. I found a good price on some near me but it is varied width. just found a place online that had better prices than anywhere I have yet seen other than this mixed width batch, and it is hurst hardwoods. The guy is finding out some more info for me on what is in stock. I am nervous aobut ordering flooring unseen from far away but may go for it to get same width quartersawn white oak. anyone have experience with hurst flooring?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
MiaOKC

I did, just last fall! There were some issues initially with getting our order, and it was not Hurst's fault but they didn't do the best job communicating with us regarding the backorder at the mill (which was Owens, FYI). I'll post the link to where I gave my experience with Hurst, and in that link, I did actually link to my installation thread so you can see both. I would order from them again, and probably will when it is time to do our downstairs, but I will not get too far ahead of myself planning a construction schedule until the wood is actually in my house to acclimate! Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: link to Hurst discussion

Bookmark   January 23, 2014 at 5:23PM
More Discussions
Bamboo flooring from LL bad odor
I purchased morning star bamboo strand click flooring...
rg100
Natural hickory...yes or no....pics inside
I got a sample box and put it out on over the carpet...I...
msekfe
Is it a bad idea to use pebble tiles in the kitchen?
I am wondering if pebble tiles work ok in the kitchen...
sherry0117
My experience: refinish hardwood floors with Bona Traffic
I thought it would be helpful to others to read about...
nanj
Review on Taun wood
Has anyone used Taun wood for flooring? We are looking...
itspepsico
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™