Electric fireplace with realistic looking fire

maries1120March 23, 2014

I found an old thread but I'm sure things have changed. We planned to remove and rebuild our gas fireplace but due to complications we are thinking of going with an electric fireplace with heat or no heat option. Xtroidinair has some along with Dimplex and other brands. Anyone have any experience with these? We want to go look at some this weekend but different stores carry different brands and are in the opposite direction.

Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ijensen

I bought a higher end Dimplex one. The largest stove we could find was the Celeste - Black enamel. The fireplace looks nice and I like the look of the flame. My biggest complaint is the control box that sits under the stove box has a bright red light that is lit up when in use. Totally destroys the look of a natural looking wood stove. The fan is quiet and does put out supplemental heat, however we mostly purchased it for the warm look it gives the room. You would think they could design an electric wood stove that hid the control box better.

Bookmark   April 8, 2014 at 4:47PM
northfieldus

If you want to buy electric fireplace then you can find it in the internet because now every good company want globalize there product through internet you get the exact product details and those products through there website they are much cheaper then the market.

Bookmark   June 6, 2014 at 6:59AM
dunkmaster

Some electric wall mounted fireplaces have really nice, realistic looking virtual fires, but others look more like a couple candles sitting next to each other. I ended up going with one of the Touchstone models, as I feel these are a solid choice and I am very satisfied with mine. I bought my wall mounted electric fireplace here.

Here is a link that might be useful: Wall Mounted Fireplace Reviews

Bookmark   July 1, 2014 at 11:52PM
More Discussions
Help me decide on a fireplace unit for new build
We are doing a gas Heatilator unit. Is there much difference...
brodyt
something stinks in here!
I built a fire in out basement fireplace last week,...
congaman59
Can woodstove clog a chimney in a month??
We had a Quadrafire 5100 woodburning stove insert installed...
kitasei
Putting television IN firebox of fireplace
Long time lurker, first time poster. I've searched...
sherrgr
Xtrordinair Fireplace
We were directed to a local shop selling this product....
Lutha
Sponsored Products
Radiance Large Flame Blue and White Vase Lamp
$229.50 | Bellacor
Caterina Queen Canopy Bedroom Set - WOOD/MIRROR
$4,999.00 | Horchow
Juno Trac-Lites 75 Watt PAR30 Flared Chrome Track Head
$25.95 | Lamps Plus
Tom Dixon | Mini Ball Pendant
$490.00 | YLighting
Lasko 2554 42 in. Wind Curve with Remote Control and Fresh Air Ionizer Multicolo
$69.99 | Hayneedle
Heritage Wall Outdoor Lantern - Medium
$499.00 | FRONTGATE
Volt Metal Table
| Dot & Bo
Williamsburg Cypher Fatwood Caddy & Fatwood - Graphite Powder Coat
Signature Hardware
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™