Harman Pellet Stove Problem

orangepeopleMarch 24, 2008

A hi-pitch noise when the auger is running, can be cured by oiling the auger motor, both front & rear. Tough to get at but not impossible. Also check on alignment of the drive chain as older models had rubber grommets holding the motor to the bracket, half of mine were missing. A new bracket is available, but don't wait for your dealer or Harman to tell you so.

I have found that for me anyway, Harman service and warrenty are non existant. I have fired my dealer and will find a better service outlet.

Allthough I am more than pleased with my Accentra purchased in October of 2004. I would, if I could do it over, go with a Vermont Wood Stove. There is a basket for wood stoves that utilizes a pellet brick, that would give the same results as a wood stove with no cutting, splitting of cord wood, stacking or drying and result in lower ash and handeling that is the benifit of the pellet stove.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
shadow700

Could you please post the old and new part numbers for the bracket?

Bookmark   March 27, 2008 at 4:43PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
zzallen

Sometimes when burning longer pellets, a pellet will get in front of the slide plate and the slide plate will be forced to cut the pellet. The extra pressure required may cause the motor mount bracket to flex enough to allow the drive chain to crawl off the sprockets on chain drive models. If this happens, you may be able to reduce the force required to cut pellets by filing a bevel on the end of the slide plate. Newer stoves now have a stiffer motor mount bracket to reduce flexing. The early 1-10-06603 motor mount bracket used in the Accentra and the Advance can be replaced by the revised stiffer 1-10-677005 bracket. This issue does not affect noise in the auger gearmotor.

Bookmark   March 31, 2008 at 1:37PM
More Discussions
Semi-detached home shared flue fireplace
Hi this is my first post to this forum so forgive me...
hiddentrails
freestanding gas stove flaming out- vent problem?
I have a free standing direct vented gas stove vented...
pooper
I need opinions on what to do with old fireplace
I have an old fireplace that needs a rehab badly. What...
jbryan21
Couple of questions about installing stone veneer
Little background - original lava rock fireplace was...
rosebay
Does this old fireplace have options?
Hey everybody! My home was built in 1930 and originally...
Kristin Jennings
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™