Fireplace wall switches needed?

xc60March 13, 2014

We are in the process of having a home built with a very unorganized builder, "one" of our latest issues is we (my husband and I) discovered that the wall switches for the gas fireplace and fireplace fan are missing on the wall and mentioned it to our builder months ago. We have repeatly reminded them of this issue and they did not investigate or do anything about it till now and we are almost finished the build. On the fireplace wall there are also built-in bookcases and the basement is developed. There are remote controls to turn on the fireplace that you can purchase, are the wall switches necessary?

They think the receptacle boxes might be in the wall but are unsure and think maybe that the wires might not be fed to the swich boxes and have asked if I would mind putting the switches on the back fireplace wall or on the sides of the fireplace bumpout upper walls. I am not into these options as I have large art prints going on the wall above the bookcases. I would perfer them to put the switches in the location as agreed upon on the blueprint or fingers crossed maybe just using a remote if possible. Any help or suggestions would be great and appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
christopherh

Has he been paid yet? If not, withhold money until it's done right.

Bookmark   March 16, 2014 at 7:11AM
More Discussions
Do I need a fireplace in Southern California
I am in the middle of renovations in my town home and...
LARemodel
replacing wood burning stove with wb fireplace, will it work?
Living room had a wood burning stove. There's a 6"...
petecon
Semi-detached home shared flue fireplace
Hi this is my first post to this forum so forgive me...
hiddentrails
freestanding gas stove flaming out- vent problem?
I have a free standing direct vented gas stove vented...
pooper
Couple of questions about installing stone veneer
Little background - original lava rock fireplace was...
rosebay
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™