Fireplace - How to fix/replace door

claudialina10March 15, 2014

Hi everyone,
I recently purchased a house and it has a corner fireplace unit - one of those prefab fireboxes (see photo).

The dimensions of the fireplace is approximately:
Front 34 inches x 21 inches high
Side 16 inches x 21 inches high.

The glass shattered on the side unit (the side unit is fixed, doesn't open) and the front 2 doors could use new glass but the hinges and the part that would attach to the box needs to be fixed/figured out.

But I have all the individual pieces for the doors/side - I just can't figure out how to get started on who can fix these individual pieces so that it can be re-installed.

I've called a local fireplace shop and they said they only resell new doors (for like $1500+). I called a glass store and they can replace the glass, but that doesn't solve for fixing the hinge on the door and re-installing the whole thing.

I'm not super handy, but know someone who can help if we can just figure out how to get started with this.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
christopherh

If the unit is a prefeb, look for the manufacturer and contact them with the model number, etc. They can tell you who the local dealers are for replacement parts.

$1500 for the replacement glass sounds obscene. That whole unit didn't cost $1500.

Bookmark   March 16, 2014 at 7:09AM
More Discussions
1st timer needs pellet stove guidence
The wife and I just bought a new single floor 1800...
bksinaz
freestanding gas stove flaming out- vent problem?
I have a free standing direct vented gas stove vented...
pooper
direct vent gas fireplace
Hello, I just bought a house and there is a Monessen...
shahgee84
Help me decide on a fireplace unit for new build
We are doing a gas Heatilator unit. Is there much difference...
brodyt
Couple of questions about installing stone veneer
Little background - original lava rock fireplace was...
rosebay
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™