cleaning laminate floors

WolfpackmomJanuary 27, 2013

I have click - floating - laminate floors. Have had them about 10 months. Sorry I got rid of carpet. I cannot keep these floors clean. Salesperson and installer warned me NOT to use a steam mop, so I don't. I currently use vinegar and water and a cloth mop. This takes me forever-there has got to be a quicker easier way without ruining the floors. Any suggestions???

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ABz5b

Swiffer mop can do my living room/hallway in 3 minutes flat. can use solution if you want i do about every 3rd cleaning. They make premixed solution you can get at home depot/lowes or you can use the vinegar solution as well.

Bookmark   January 27, 2013 at 3:17PM
Wolfpackmom

Thank you for your message. I may be way over thinking this and may be a little paranoid about ruining the floors too. A friend is having her kitchen tiled right now because her laminate was a mess. The installer told her that he could tell she was using excess moisture when cleaning her laminate because it had moisture damage to it (not from being on a cement slab). She has used a steam mop and some sort of mop that sprays the liquid out. I just don't want to end up in her position. If you only use solution every third cleaning, what do you use the other times?

Bookmark   January 27, 2013 at 3:48PM
live_wire_oak

Dust mopping is all that should be done as 80% of the regular maintenance. Then a plain damp mop, dampened with a standard wood floor cleaner like Bruce or Bona. Damp. Not wet. If you can wring water out of it, it's too wet. After dust mopping.

Bookmark   January 27, 2013 at 3:56PM
Wolfpackmom

My biggest issue with them being dirty is footprints and pawprints. They are everywhere and I can't stand to look at them. Dust mopping doesn't get rid of them. I have had carpet for years and now thinking about it - how dirty it must have been even though I had it professionally cleaned several times a year. If I could turn back the clock to April, I would have put tile in a lot of the places I put laminate. I have had a hard time finding a dust mop that I like and a mop for using with cleaner.

Bookmark   January 27, 2013 at 4:10PM
Farbuncle

One third cup of amonia one gallon warm water. Damp cotton mop.Every six months. Dry dust mop daily.

Bookmark   February 2, 2013 at 3:20PM
More Discussions
Where can I find some replacement Haddon Hall parquet tiles?
I've been searching the Internets for a particular...
qacer
Matte or shiny hardwood floors...what's your preference?
We are going to sand and refinish our floors. What...
jtaime2
Has anyone used Wicanders Vinyl Comfort flooring?
I'm really struggling to find the right floor for my...
lovelierthoughts
Experiences with vinyl flooring
Hello, I was wondering individuals experiences with...
einajr
Smartstrand carpet dilema
I am replacing the carpet in my family room and after...
sharon_va
Sponsored Products
Sunburst Hoop Modern Lounge Chair in Orange
$397.99 | Dot & Bo
Windham Medicine Cabinet with Glass Door
Overstock.com
Newlton Weathered Charcoal 9-Inch LED One Light Outdoor Wall Sconce
$238.00 | Bellacor
3247 Floor Lamp
Lightology
Home Decorators Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Home Decorators Collection Rugs Estate
Home Depot