What type of firelog set needed to connect to a wall switch?
Hello, I purchased my house about a year ago ,and it's about 2 yrs old. Here's my problem: when i moved in, the actual firelogs were missing, and there were some wires sticking out in the inside of the fireplace. There is a wall switch right above the fireplace, so i'm assuming that the fireplace can be operated electrically! I believe it requires a ventless natural log set, because when i look up inside, there is no way to open the shute at all. I'm not at all sure how the wires come into play either ...Do i need a certain type of log set that has a place to attach wires? Do all natural ventfree/ventless log sets have a place to attach wires?
Another question is should i be concerned at all with the carbon monoxide issue? PLEASE HELP...i've been in my house a year now, and haven't done anything to the fireplace because i'm not sure what is needed