Phone and internet service

blue_fastbackFebruary 8, 2007

Anyone using Earthlink's True Voice phone service and or internet sevice? I am currently using Talk America phone and DSL service and thinking of dropping them. Earthlink is advertising $19.95 phone service and $29.95 internet for 6 months regular price of $41.95. I was wondering about there service and if they were going to add another $25 in taxes and fees to the phone bill like Talk America does? Are there other inexpensive services out there?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
zone_8grandma

It wouldn't work for everyone, but for long distance I use my cell phone (if I have the minutes) and Skype.

With Skype, I can use the internet to talk to anyone else who is signed up (it's free). They also have very cheap prices to call a telephone number. The downside is that you need to have a fast internet connection. My sister and I both have fast internet and we are both signed up. So if I need to call her, I'll use the cell phone to say "I'm going to Skype you" and then we both get on the computer and chat as long as we want free.

It's not a substitute for regular phone service, but it saves me a lot of money in long distance calls.

Bookmark   February 9, 2007 at 10:40AM
More Discussions
Ontario - Canadian law question
Hi: I am hoping I can find someone on the forum who...
mistopheles52
refinancing a home
Just learned my interest is 5.25 on our home morgage....
victory_tea2085
Garrett Financial Network
Does anyone have experience with Garrett Financial...
sushipup1
Refinance with Bank of America taking F-O-R-E-V-E-R
We started the process for our refinance April 25th...
wickedgrace
Buying a new house financial questions?
This seems silly, but I don't have anyone else to talk...
Butternut
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™