What's Up with Reupholstery Costs?

leatherbuyerJanuary 3, 2009

Need advice! Current sofa a chair set are high quality Ethan Alan, but 10 years old. Both need of new upholstery.

Quote to reupholster was shockingly high, so took a look at Hancock & Moore leather couch and chair - WOW. Nice stuff but where are the deals on these items??

We want quality leather so Im back to considering upholstering my current set. Any suggestion on who can do the best job at a reasonable cost. Ethan Alan DOES NOT reupholster their items.....gr..gr..grr.. So frustrating.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
simplyjeff

I have a wonderful reupholsterer down in High Point, NC. He's been in business for 30 years and has a worldwide clientele (including former North Carolina Senator John Edwards who has been a repeat customer.) The most amazing thing is that his prices are very reasonable. If you are interested, his name is Glenn Laughlin. He does not have a computer but can be reached 7 days a week at 336-431-6602.

Bookmark   January 3, 2009 at 4:50PM
lulubelsfancy

I just had my 9 year old EA sofa reupholstered, in the Pittsburgh area the costs were about all the same between 14-1600, with my own fabric, that I bought very reasonably from fabricguru.com

Bookmark   January 3, 2009 at 4:52PM
simplyjeff

Just saw the post above about reupholstering in the Pittsburgh area. I think the High Point,NC area should be a few hundred dollars less expensive.

Bookmark   January 3, 2009 at 5:05PM
breezy_2

My guy (southeastern US)charges $800 for a standard sofa in fabric...not sure what upcharge leather would be if he even does leather. Anyway, the guy I use is as good as I have seen anywhere.

Bookmark   January 3, 2009 at 5:50PM
More Discussions
how to buy high end furniture online and save?
Is there a guide to buying highend furniture online? I...
LauraOliver
What experience have you had with Nantuckit Furniture?
Hi! I am thinking about purchasing a slipcovered sectional...
jfkdeb
Online slipcover companies
Need to re-slipcover our Arhaus Greta sectional, and...
kardut
Ethan Allen furniture... comments on quality
We're looking at Ethan Allen furniture. I know it was...
Mercymygft
Living Room Furniture Recomendations
What brands of living room furniture compare to Durham...
tiffany2009
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™