Wow, free phone and internet

qdognjFebruary 7, 2009

Opened up my Verizon home phone and internet bill,expecting to see the usual 110 dollar+- charges..What i got as a CREDIT for 148 dollars for ,get this, being a "valued customer" ,no further explanation,just no bill for this month and still have 45 bucks+- credit for the next...Unexpected surprise :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
stargazzer

I would guess they were sued and were ordered to refund a certain amount or they over charged you and didn't want to admit it for liability reasons.

Bookmark   February 7, 2009 at 5:15PM
qdognj

I can guarantee is wasn't overcharge,lol...I go thru each bill with a fine tooth comb,i have caught small charges most people would let slide..But a lawsuit might have happened,never thought of that..I thought because i inquired about dropping the service to bundle with cable, they took action

Bookmark   February 7, 2009 at 5:48PM
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana

How strange, qdog. I have never heard of such a thing, and rather doubt if it was a result of any kind of a class action suit or something similar.

Money from class actions suits has always typically been mailed to me in the form of a check.

The Electric Cooperative has reduced rates in the past, but the credit given was well explained in their news letter.

I thought because i inquired about dropping the service to bundle with cable, they took action
That would be my guess as to why they considered you a 'valued' customer.

I'm wondering if the economy 'might' improve customer service, with the businesses hoping to hold on to their old 'valued' customers.

My insurance agency called recently asking if I had gotten and reviewed the new 'lower' quotes they had found and mailed me some time ago. I thought that was quite nice of them.

I ordered something off the net and last Fri I received an email that Fed-Ex had had a problem locating my address. I called Fed Ex and gave them specific directions, and added that I did not have my house number on my rural mailbox. Minutes later the on line vendor called to follow-up on the delivery problem. I told them that I was amazed at their customer service and them following up so quickly.

Maybe we will all see some improvement in Customer Service with those we do business with.

Sue

Bookmark   February 9, 2009 at 12:47PM
More Discussions
Any advice for a lady whose husband hides $?
I am a widow and used to doing for myself. I have a...
topsiebeezelbub
What is the fair ratio?
The living expense is paid between the couple (Husband...
azmom
How much to replace car key? Am I being taken for a ride?
Hi all. I lost a key and a remote control to our 2005...
skrepka
Buying a car
I am planning to buy a car, but my credit rating is...
HerscheLL
Accounting Question
I was hoping there'd be an accounting forum her on...
andrelaplume2
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™