want to paint

rabbit8March 25, 2008

I have a fire place insert. I would like to paint the doors since they are of iron. What type paint do I need to buy and can I use that same paint of the insert part as well?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Go to your local stove shop and buy high temp stove paint. It comes in spray cans in many colors and is designed for just the purpose you have in mind.

    Bookmark   March 26, 2008 at 7:04AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
best way to clean a brick hearth?
i have tried washing the brick, but it still looks...
Vermont stove
I have a resolute acclaim stove and the sealer around...
Harman accentra insert wood pellet stove
I'm having a problem with my auger. It won't feed my...
Gas fireplace that looks real in new build
Yes I know everyone want their gas logs to look real....
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™