Furniture recommendation similar to this

rawhitJanuary 11, 2010

Hello All,

my first post here. We are moving to a new apartment in NJ and looking to buy some furniture for the new place.

After looking at many furniture stores we are now thoroughly confused . Looking to spend around $4K for a leather sofa and loveseat that will last us 8-10 years.

We have checked Value City, Ashley, Raymour Flanigan, La-z-boy, Ethan Allen.

Value City and Ashley seem to be budget oriented but not very high quality. We have Ashley bedroom set which started looking worn out just six months a after purchase.

Ethan Allen seems to be good quality but we are looking for something more casual.

We really liked La-z-boy maverick ([url=http://www.la-z-boy.com/Product/5623/]Maverick Loveseat - Official La-Z-Boy Website[/url]) collection in brown leather but after checking tons of bad reviews about la-z-boy online we are kinda scared to buy from them.

Would be great of somebody can recommend brands and furniture similar to la-z-boy linked above that will be sturdy and last us a decade or so.

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
expert_advice

You must go for quality furniture over cost effective,as this is a long term investment. and quality speaks by itself.

Bookmark   March 3, 2010 at 9:46AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rawhit

Just wanted to updated this thread. We went with Palliser furniture but with their home-theater line (Palliser Flashback). Configured 3 seats as a sofa and 2 more seats attached with center arm in between.
The seats will arrive around end of march. Will update this thread about how these turns out.

Here is a link that might be useful: Palliser Flashback

Bookmark   March 4, 2010 at 12:31PM
More Discussions
Barcalounger v Lane v Best or other recliner advice
Hi--I think I've done my homework,and I've read other...
sailormass
Coaster furniure quality?
I found a dining table and china cabinet online that...
cand1781
Design Within Reach - Globus Chairs Hair pulling problem... literally.
I have White on White Globus Chairs (Stua). Purchased...
janejanel
Couch for Big and Tall Guy
What suggestions would you all offer on what to look...
happs
casco bay furniture from someone who didnt just join
Hi im looking for reviews on casco bay furniture from...
armstrongarland
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™