Benchcraft (by Ashley)

nosoccermomJanuary 19, 2014

Is it crappy furniture? I'm interested in a couch that's suspiciously inexpensive.
It's "faux leather", 95% polyester, 5% PVC
I don't care as long as it's durable because it's supposed to be in a rec room. So far, I've only had real leather, some of which has held up well, others which were destroyed by the dog lying on it with the paws always in the same place.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
debo_2006

Though Ashley's furniture looks nice, it's crap, as in bottom of the list crap. I would stay away unless you want to buy replacement furniture in 2-3 years.

Bookmark   January 23, 2014 at 9:13PM
nosoccermom

Sounds like it's a pass :)

Bookmark   January 25, 2014 at 6:31PM
freethinker99

Interestingly Ashley Furniture, I believe is the largest furniture company in the world and it must be for a reason other than quick delivery. Basically as with any consumer, purchases are based on price value relationships in the eyes of the consumer. Take upholstery for example Ashely uses plywood frames (probably glued and stapled) and sinuous springs. (There are varying qualities of plywood and how sinuous springs are made and applied and certainly some are better than others). Ashley buys many of the same fabrics that many other companies buy. Could their tailoring be a little sharper I suppose, but you can judge that for yourself. Could you buy a nicer product yes, but there are many other manufactures who use the same construction techniques in building their furniture. As far as the faux leather you are considering. I would spend a little more and buy real leather or at least leather everywhere you sit. Faux leather tends to peal and split at the seams.

Bookmark   January 29, 2014 at 8:46AM
toronado3800 Zone 6 StLouis

I work for a small business which sells furniture. Dollar for dollar if you buy Ashley furniture, especially from a discount outlet, it is as good as anything we get.

Now compare a $500 Ashley sofa and someone's $2,000 sofa and sure the two grand set will be better at least 3/4 of the time.

Generally Ashley has EXCELLENT parts support also. Tweak a recliner mechanism and they will ship you a new one in a reasonable amount of time. Other companies are hit and miss.

Either way, good luck.

Bookmark   January 31, 2014 at 3:54PM
More Discussions
Need suggestions to soften my recliner
I bought a recliner from China, construction is fine...
biax
Taylor King sofas ??
We have found a couple Taylor King sofas that we really...
fleurdelis05
Online slipcover companies
Need to re-slipcover our Arhaus Greta sectional, and...
kardut
Need Beadroom Furniture
Well, two months ago I changed my home furniture. But...
jazmin07
Couch for Big and Tall Guy
What suggestions would you all offer on what to look...
happs
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™