vinyl plank in a bathroom?

jmt_bostonJanuary 26, 2014

I am looking to replace old sheet vinyl in the bathrooms of a rental property. I've looked at big box stores and flooring specialty stores, but the options in sheet vinyl are pretty bad. All the stores are now pushing "luxury vinyl tile" (or plank) and the pattern options available are far better than in the sheet goods. I've read about the issues wirh the stick together plank, specifically the Trafficmaster Allure, but there hasn't been muck posted on the click-lock plank. Has anyone installed it in a bathroom (over a plywood subfloor in my case) and how has it held up? Any recommendations, thoughts or warnings? Also the stick together floor thread is quite old at this point, any more recent experiences, and how has it held up?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
glennsfc

You can get quality sheet vinyl at an independent flooring dealer. The only way I would put vinyl plank in a rental would be to glue it down with flooring epoxy. Messy, but permanent.

Have no comments on the products you mention, as I have no experience with them.

Bookmark   January 26, 2014 at 8:44PM
StoneTech

Just tile it...it'll last forever.

Bookmark   January 29, 2014 at 7:34PM
Sandy1963

Hi, we have the Traffic Master Allure in both bathrooms with no problems. I want to say it's been in there around 5+ years or so, can't remember exactly when we installed it.

My daughter was a teen still living at home, and I have 2 sons using the downstairs shower now, one is 21, and the other 14 , and the floor is still holding up very well.

I've never seen the peeling up of edges that I hear so much about, and it's the easiest floor to clean too. We're planning to install it in the kitchen soon also.

Hope my experience helped you a little bit...

Bookmark   February 1, 2014 at 7:24AM
More Discussions
What I Learned About Installing Engineered Floors
We just finished installing engineered flooring over...
francesca_sf
Need help getting ink/marker off hard wood flooring
Anyone had a child mark on their hardwood floors with...
mattsarmymom
Wood or metal registers for new wood floors?
Hi --we currently have metal vents/registers on the...
bellacucina
Tigerwood Flooring - if you have it would you do it again
We are considering putting in Tigerwood flooring. We...
snowcamp
carpet comparison
We are looking at 2 carpets right now. Both are Anso...
sutrotower96
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™