opinions -Palliser leather sofa

tjutzJanuary 1, 2011

I am trying to do research for a good quality, midpriced leather sofa and have come across the Palliser brand from Winnipeg, Manitoba. The seat cushions are stitched to the back and bottom - is this a negative feature? How about Palliser quality and longevity - any thoughts?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hilltop_gw

We've had three sets of Palliser sofas all purchased new. Two of them had the back cushions stitched on or permanently attached but the seat cushions were only attached with elastic straps. One was a recliner set so all was permanently attached. While we liked the quality of the leather, in each case I was ready to replace the set after about 4 years because it lost it's firmness. I like a firmer sofa. They were all super comfy to lay on or curl up to read a book & watch TV, but less so to just sit on and visit. The elastic straps on the seats allowed them to slide out a bit. We recently purchased a Flexsteel sectional off Craigslist. Time will tell what we think of it. We're also looking at a Flexsteel South Street sofa.

Bookmark   January 1, 2011 at 1:20PM
More Discussions
Hancock & Moore older leather chair, maybe H&M sofa,can they be saved?
I have an opportunity to pick up this chair and sofa...
aesanford
About Maffam
Give opinions about garden furniture Maffam. The main,...
dekabrina
Coaster furniure quality?
I found a dining table and china cabinet online that...
cand1781
Living Room Furniture Recomendations
What brands of living room furniture compare to Durham...
tiffany2009
Who Are Reputable Made In America/North American Furniture Companies?
I am looking for great-room/living room furniture for...
mothersnood
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™