Woodburning Stove..

bellheadFebruary 3, 2012


First of all thanks to the people that run the site,

I have a question, had a wood stove where I used to live and recently moved into a new home and being so far south wouldn't have considered getting a stove again but for the fact that my wife loves it. We have about 3 months of "cold" weather where at night it drops into the 40's and if its bad 30's.

The question I have is I have a house with a wood burning fireplace and it has a metal flue, I need to find a liner that is allowed by code to go into the metal flue.

Can anybody point me in the right direction.


Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

If your fireplace has a metal liner you probably have a zero clearance unit. A prefab. No problem. You just get an insert that's certified for those units. Just about every manufacturer has one these days. They'll install a metal liner inside your chimney and all will be just fine.

    Bookmark   February 18, 2012 at 7:16AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Indoor/Outdoor Fireplace
Does anyone own an indoor/outdoor dual sided fireplace?...
I need opinions on what to do with old fireplace
I have an old fireplace that needs a rehab badly. What...
Bodart & Gonay Optifire zero-clearance wood FP?
While browsing around shopping for a wood zero-clearance...
Does this old fireplace have options?
Hey everybody! My home was built in 1930 and originally...
Kristin Jennings
Converting wood fireplace to gas fireplace
Help, I'm overwhelmed. Any link to a good site that...
Sponsored Products
Le Cuistot Enameled 8.25-inch Cast-iron Cheese Fondue Set
Dimplex Chalet Wall Mount Electric Fireplace - DWF1204MA
$749.99 | Hayneedle
Belham Living Marcella All Weather Wicker 33 in. Fire Pit Chat Set - TTLC501
Sea Glass Blue Pot Lid Holder Set
$9.99 | zulily
Sportsman Series 15 Ton Towable Log Splitter
Beyond Stores
Blue Better Batter Tool
$8.99 | zulily
Swedish Firesteel Army Firestarter 2.0
$24.00 | FRONTGATE
AKDY 28-inch OSAKEF0528R Free Standing Indoor Heater Electric Fireplace
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™