Mattress-King Koil or Corsicana?

lennymJanuary 23, 2012

I'm looking for a custom size mattress for an antique bed. Of course we would like to try it for comfort so buying at a local store is a definite plus.

The only brands that I can find locally in the NYC-LI area that will supply a custom size are King Koil and Corsicana. They will make up a 42" King Koil for the price of a Queen size, which seems reasonable. The Corsicanas go for about 25% more, and there is a Corsicana line (Ascot) with pocketed coils.

But net reviews of these brands are very spotty.

Any comments on these brands, or good choices within? Is there any other brand with national distribution that will make up a custom mattress?

Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
toronado3800 Zone 6 StLouis

Hello lennym,

I do not know either brand well enough to have an across the board favorite. My recomendation is three fold.

:make sure the custom cut you are receiving will have the same features as the floor model you try out. Once our business ordered a special size mattress which showed up without the foam encased sides omthe model usually featured!

:make sure you are conoaring apples to apples. Pocketed / individually wrapped coils are typically a higher end feature than regular innersprings. A definate plus when two folks share the bed.

:go with your gut and the BBB's opinion on which retailer to buy from.

Bookmark   February 2, 2012 at 2:04AM
More Discussions
I want to make a sofa box cushion the right size.
I have two sofas, that I would like to re-upholster....
pisley
Omnia leather furniture
We have seen a sofa by Omnia that we like - for around...
Susijo
Bernhardt vs. Thomasville for leather.
Thinking of getting a leather sofa for its durability....
Sparks72
Slats or Boxspring?
Like the title says: Slats or Boxspring to support...
pbx2
Hancock & Moore older leather chair, maybe H&M sofa,can they be saved?
I have an opportunity to pick up this chair and sofa...
aesanford
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™