Upholstery: Stickley or Lee Industries?

mea5January 30, 2011

After months of shopping and researching, I thought I had made my mind up on a Lee Industries sofa... and then I sat in the Stickley Wheaton sofa and it was dreamy! Any opinion between these two mfg? Also what about pricing? I had priced a Lee through Alan Ferguson and think it's comparable to the Stickley on sale. However A.F. shipping to MI was very high. Help me make a final decision.

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
backsweat

How long ago did you price Lee from Alan Ferguson? I contacted them a few weeks ago for a quote and was told that Lee is no longer allowing them to fill phone orders from out of state. Might want to give them a call to see if they will still honor your quote. Please post back on what you hear. Thanks

Bookmark   February 1, 2011 at 8:04PM
mea5

Interesting. I have not called back Alan Ferguson. There is a location in Michigan that I will likely do business with. Anyhow one new brand into my mix... Vanguard. Really like some of their styles, and was told by the company who sells both Vanguard and Lee that their warranty was better.

Bookmark   February 18, 2011 at 4:03PM
melissastar

Gosh,backsweat, I called Alan Ferguson today to get a quote and didn't get that story. The sales person did ask me immediately if I was working with a local store. As it happens I wasn't, so I could answer truthfully no. She then went on to say that they were not allowed to work anyone who was already working with a store, only with those who came to them directly from the Internet.

Bookmark   February 18, 2011 at 6:29PM
dtr56

Interesting as I called AF about a month ago and was told they could not fill out of state phone orders either, unless I actually came into their store....hmmm. I guess it must depend on who you talk to, or their sales are down...

Bookmark   February 18, 2011 at 9:18PM
iluvcarats

There is No Comparison. Stickley is one of the finest furniture manufacturers out there. Lee has some nice looking styles but the quality is on the low end.
Kindly,
Barb

Bookmark   April 26, 2011 at 9:15PM
mea5

Thanks, curious why you say Lee is on the low end? 8 way hand tied, made in America, rave reviews on this site... just trying to learn. Sure wish I could find Stickley on sale again...

Bookmark   July 16, 2011 at 9:08AM
More Discussions
Slats or Boxspring?
Like the title says: Slats or Boxspring to support...
pbx2
Furniture help
Hello My boyfriend and I just moved in and we really...
Penny Dimitrakaki
What happens to returned furniture
We recently received a living room furniture and one...
madness76
Tolix for outdoors?
Does anyone have experience using Tolix chairs outdoors?...
Chris 802
Taylor King sofas ??
We have found a couple Taylor King sofas that we really...
fleurdelis05
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™