Arhaus Furniture

freethinker99January 5, 2012

I visited Arhaus Furniture yesterday and was very impressed with their selection. It seemed a little expensive but the quality looked good. Most of the sofas were made by either two US companies called I think Thomas Bain or another company called Mccreary Modern. I don't think either of these brands are readily available at most stores. The sales person said Thomas Bain just makes furniture for Arhaus and that Mccreary Modern only makes furniture for a few large companies such as Macy's. The sofas by Mcreary Modern looked good but the sofas by Thomas Bain seemed to be made better. They had a sample of the construction techniques used in making the Thomas Bain Furniture. Does anyone have knowledge with either of these products and this company.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Olivest1

I had a couch from the original Arhaus store in Cleveland. It was great. Held up through college years and my twenties, with lots of guests crashing on couch on a regular basis. I got ten good years out of it, and only replaced it because my decorating taste had changed. It looked like it could have gone ten more years. Originally, Arhaus used to source a lot of their furniture from the Amish in central Ohio, but I have no idea if that's still true.

Bookmark   March 10, 2012 at 9:52AM
More Discussions
Bauhaus sofa & Ethan Allen Metropolitan
Hello all, this is my first time posting, looking for...
blossom1022
Barcalounger v Lane v Best or other recliner advice
Hi--I think I've done my homework,and I've read other...
sailormass
how to buy high end furniture online and save?
Is there a guide to buying highend furniture online? I...
LauraOliver
What experience have you had with Nantuckit Furniture?
Hi! I am thinking about purchasing a slipcovered sectional...
jfkdeb
Ethan Allen furniture... comments on quality
We're looking at Ethan Allen furniture. I know it was...
Mercymygft
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™