Any experiences ordering from Home Depot?

texanniewJanuary 19, 2012

We are looking at buying from them but I am a little worried about all the add on costs(padding, hauling old carpet away, moving big furniture) to what seems like a great sales price.

Anyone order from them?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yayagal

I purchased all my wood flooring from them and was more than happy with the results. They subcontract to local installers and we got a great father and son who did an impeccable job. They even helped us move the furniture and put it back.

Bookmark   January 20, 2012 at 11:21PM
texanniew

Thanks!

Bookmark   January 21, 2012 at 7:46PM
gd2garden

We ordered carpet from Lowes. We've had problems with the installers and the carpet pad. The only thing that went right is the carpet itself. If we had to do it over again we would buy from a carpet retailer that directly employs their own installers.

Bookmark   January 25, 2012 at 3:24PM
JakeBenson

I have not bought carpet from them yet but am considering it. This is the info I have received from Home Depot:

97 dollars for installation unless its on sale then its 37 dollars. .15 cents per square foot to tear out old carpet. If you have a manufactured home (mobile home), add another .15 cents per square foot. If they have to move furniture then there is an additional charge per room. What I have found so far is that even after adding all that up it still comes out cheaper than carpet installation from a carpet store. I have not seen carpet installation cheaper anywhere than well over 1.35 per square foot. I am in the Hickory, NC area.

Bookmark   February 4, 2012 at 4:27PM
More Discussions
Need help getting ink/marker off hard wood flooring
Anyone had a child mark on their hardwood floors with...
mattsarmymom
Color/species of new wood floor next to original VG Fir?
Our 1918 house was added on to in the 80's and rather...
fjernsyn
Black Walnut Grades
Hi all! Could someone tell me if these two pictures...
luciole
Un-level kitchen and associated issues...
So my wife and I just finished a renovation of our...
hundredwaters
Tile over fiberglass?
Long story short, we added some porches to our new...
Nick Anderson
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™