Raising and Existing Fireplace

seadwellerFebruary 6, 2013


We're in the planning stages of remodeling a home, and will be moving the kitchen into what is currently a family room with a fireplace. We'd like to raise the fireplace to counter height, and of course tie it in to the existing flue. Is this possible?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

. Your question begs for more info as i.e. what counter? What type of unit, wood, gas?

Ask a designer and then the HVAC contractor that you plan to use if not DIY.

Unfortunately you won't get much of an answer for that question from someone looking at a photo of a room. Sorry I can't be of more help.

This post was edited by SouthernCanuck on Mon, Feb 11, 13 at 6:22

    Bookmark   February 10, 2013 at 7:53PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Converting wood fireplace to gas fireplace
Help, I'm overwhelmed. Any link to a good site that...
Vermont stove
I have a resolute acclaim stove and the sealer around...
Can woodstove clog a chimney in a month??
We had a Quadrafire 5100 woodburning stove insert installed...
I need opinions on what to do with old fireplace
I have an old fireplace that needs a rehab badly. What...
Semi-detached home shared flue fireplace
Hi this is my first post to this forum so forgive me...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™