What methof of carpet cleaning would you use?

gustavas007January 28, 2011

I am a carpet cleaner and offer several different methods of carpet cleaning to my customers. I just wanted to get a feel of whether people in general prefer steam cleaning also known as hot water extraction OR a chem dry type cleaning also known as carbonated cleaning, bonnet cleaning,dry cleaning, or very low moisture cleaning?

http://www.bellinghamcarpetcare.com

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cricket5050

I prefer dry cleaning or low moisture cleaning. I also do not clean my carpets that often as I was told the hot water extraction can tear down the carpet fibers and shorten the life of the carpet. I am currently replacing my carpet which has been down for 12 years and is now looking tired. Thinking about going with hardwood floors.

Bookmark   January 29, 2011 at 5:29PM
boxers

when I was with Mohawk hot water extraction was the recommended cleaning method. The hot water acts as a permanent to reset the yarn after it gets matted down. Unless things have changed its still the preferred cleaning method. Read Shaw or Mohawks warranty as they list cleaning methods recommended.

Bookmark   February 2, 2011 at 5:55AM
gustavas007

Thanks,

What I have been finding is that carpet makers do prefer you to use HWE. While most of my customers prefer Low moisture. Perhaps because I am in the NW and it's often wet outside people prefer the idea of cleaning with less water.

Here is a link that might be useful: Carpet Care Cleaners

Bookmark   February 25, 2011 at 12:54AM
More Discussions
Travertine Flooring
Trying to find out more info on Travertine flooring....
dqubti
natural red oak floors with natural cherry kitchen cabinets
Hi, all. Looking for feedback from anyone who has natural...
hjs
Anyone used Coretec?
I have searched and searched, but I haven't seen any...
joygreenwald
TEC power grout safe for marble
My installer uses TEC power grout. I have polished...
MrsD
Feedback on Shaw Resort Versailles LVT
Looking for feedback from folks who have installed...
nessabea
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™