Harman Advance -Status of Everyones Problems
RE: Harman Advance Pellet Stove
Over the last couple months, I have been reading about everyones problems and 'supposed' solutions for them. ( Mainly Status 6 blinks and Smoke in the hopper when its less than 1/2 full). There were a few of these posts on this forum and also on other forums I found.
I was hoping EVERYONE that had one of these Stoves ( not just ones with problems) could post IF they ever had problems, and a BRIEF description of their:
1) Setup ( vert or Horz vent and length(s) and Outside air intake or not)
2)problem ( either Stat 6 , Smoke in Hopper, or Both )
3)a quick explaination of what was attempted to resolve the problem and If it worked or Not.
- My reason for asking this is....
1) I purchased My Advance a few months ago. Used 3inch Horiz Vent Straight out total length 3.5feet and outside air kit standard diameter
2) had frequent Status 6 problem, Smoke in Hopper, and a loud Hum/Vibration when ever the Auger ran.
3) After the usual "Check this and That" which was fine and the Dealer Replaced the Stove. That was a little over a month ago. It ran excellent and 99.9% silent at 1st. Now the very beginning of the same symptoms are starting to reoccur. Had 1 Status 6 yesterday, Smoke in the hopper a few times in the last week, and the turning auger is starting a low hum. -
My reason for asking this is I dont want to have to get the stove replaced every 2 -3 months and hopefully with everyone's info grouped together maybe a common element can be found for a solution.
My current thought is the outside air size needs to be increased in diameter significantly - but lets look at everyones setup