Do I get rid of the wood burner?
Having just recently bought a clay lump construction house in need of some TLC i have come to a halt in proceedings with regards to one of our fireplaces.
It is currently housing a large multifuel burner. So large that the clay lump is deteriorating. The inside of the fireplace is crumbling.
Repairing it is not a problem, however should I extract the woodburner and reinstate the fire place or could i repair and then line the fireplace to prevent the problem re occuring?
The burner only has about 6 inches clearance from the wall on each side.
We quite like the idea of keeping the burner as our other fireplace is open and in good working order.
Any advice is welcomed.