April 29th...Panfish weekend fun

anya_101May 1, 2007

Panfish....The not so publicized group anymore. Fun to catch & great eating. Especially the crappie!

: )

Here is a few photos in an album of just the one days catch.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/anya-101/Fish%20Game%20Nature/Image002.jpg

Here is a link that might be useful:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bill_vincent

You're right-- that's some good eatin you're holding there!! Unfortunately, panfish don't get very big up this way. I think the only fish I've ever caught that size is a white perch and a crappie-- both about a pound. Other than that, they're usually palm sized. I've been talking with someone in another forum here at GW who lives down south, and was talking about being used to catching bream a pound or better. Nevermind good eating-- that sounds like a great fight, especially on ultralight gear!!

Bookmark   May 1, 2007 at 11:10AM
anya_101

Ya, it sure is Bill, least 2-3lb crappie are real fun to catch on ultra's & The bigger bluegill too.
I still think bass are my favorite on a fly pole though... Now thats a great fight! : )

Bookmark   May 2, 2007 at 7:29AM
anya_101

Oh, and by the way... I am hearing that this is the year for the "17 year Cicadas" to reappear too. Already been finding a few early ones around here. They make the "Best" panfish bait. As soon as hook hits the water, Boom!
Would be great bait to use on big hybrids.

Bookmark   May 3, 2007 at 8:45AM
bill_vincent

I'll bet!! Kinda reminds me of something I saw when I lived in South Florida. We were doing some tilework in a home on the water in Coral Gables, and at lunch time, one of the guys on the crew decided to show me something-- he chased down one of the millions of geckos running around, and tossed it into the water. This thing started running across the water like it's tail was on fire..... for about 15 feet. All of the sudden there was an EXPLOSION on the surface of the water, and that gecko was history.

Bookmark   May 3, 2007 at 10:38AM
More Discussions
Gun as a Present???
I figure this is as good of a place as any to ask my...
karenfe
Feeding sunfish at bass ponds park
is this legal?.... to feed sunfish at a local park,...
runsnwalken
pontoon boat
Interested in buying one, what do I need to know?
glad2b
hello
I can't believe that there aren't people out there...
paul21
Best Pike lure in a clear lake??
Anyone got a suggestion for a really good Pike lure...
netshound
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™