Bass fishin' in January, Florida style!

nova_gwJanuary 7, 2007

Temps in the 80's today, humidity off the charts but a "cool" front due tomorrow. Worked in the yard most of the day and decided to wet a line this evening. Due to our drought conditions getting the boat out is a chore so I decided to bank fish alittle. Well it paid off! Check out this honey -

Six pounds and a little bit after a half hour of casting! I love my backyard! nova

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
anya_101

Very nice Bass Nova. There are days when I'd rather bank fish then use my boat. Either way, I always have a nice time just being out. Great you got a chance to do so this time of year. I hope this next week, (weather provided) I too will be out getting an early start on some fishing. They seem to taste better coming out of the colder water.

Bookmark   January 8, 2007 at 8:14AM
nova_gw

Thanks anya! I hope your weather permitted you to get out this week and catch a nice one. I let that ole girl go after taking her picture because they are trying to go on bed already! We usually only keep the 2 to 3 pounders for dinner. Since the lake is spring fed the water stays pretty cool year round and, yeah, I think the bass that come from the cooler water taste better too! nova

Bookmark   January 10, 2007 at 6:28PM
bill_vincent

NOW yer just tryin ta pi$$ me off!! :-)

Sweet PIG!!

Bookmark   January 11, 2007 at 8:12PM
bill_vincent

You might want to psot that one and show it off!! Below is the link for Charlie Moore's site's home page. Click on the "Big Fish Link", and it'll take you to some fine pics, and a way to add yours to the list.

Here is a link that might be useful: charliemoore.com

Bookmark   January 11, 2007 at 8:16PM
nova_gw

Thanks for the website Bill! Lots of cool pictures. I do think I will wait for a little bigger one to come along before I post there tho! I caught that one on the first time I wet a line in about 3 months [hunting season gets in the way of fishing! I hate it when that happens!] nova

Bookmark   January 13, 2007 at 9:42AM
bill_vincent

Pretty sweet!! Lets see if you can keep UP that average!!

Bookmark   January 13, 2007 at 3:12PM
bill_vincent

Well, my club had our monthly meeting night before last, and we got our club tournament schedule. I've got good news and bad news.

The good news is one of our tourneys is on a lake where the boatramp's not 3 minutes from my house.

The bad news is one of our tourneys is on a lake where the boatramp's not 3 minutes from my house.

Last time I was on that lake, I took half the casing off my lower unit (and one of the blades off my prop) at 35 miles an hour on a rock sitting just 4" below the surface in 17 feet of water!! I think I'll be fishing that one as a non-boater!!

Bookmark   January 25, 2007 at 10:56PM
More Discussions
Hand dredge a pond area?
Wasn't sure if this was the right place to ask this...
beesneeds
What bait do you use to attract deer?
I was told that mold that grows off the powder donuts...
forestelves
Deer Hunting
I started to write a long drawn out post but realized...
OldHippieMomma
hello
I can't believe that there aren't people out there...
paul21
pontoon boat danger ... ? fix
We just sold our 16 ft. tri-hull fiberglass boat pulled...
vieja_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™