Im still doing Excersise Bike& Play Games Same Time..

bulldinkieDecember 18, 2008

I started about a year ago riding excersise bike while playing games on computer or tv.I was told on here this dont work.It does,Ive been doing this about a year.Im on it over an hour a day.Playing games while on passes time fast..try it..

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mcpeg

Hey Bulldinkie!

I'm so glad to see your post. Whoever was the numpty that told you it would not work obviously has their own issues to deal with. If I had a treadmill at home I'd rather be walking than sitting when watching TV. We don't have room at the present time but I'm still thinking about it.

Do you even notice now that you are cycling when doing these things? Making any exercise enjoyable is a plus - not to mention your heart health has probably improved dramatically!

You go girl! Burn that rubber!

Whoooo whoooooo!

Bookmark   December 20, 2008 at 10:03AM
eklektos

I find that my treadmill time goes by faster and easier when there's something I can "do" while I'm walking/jogging. Some people can't manage to read while exercising, but I do. That really helps. If I had the space to put the treadmill in the same room as the TV, you bet I'd use it while watching videos or shows. I'd NEVER sit down to watch TV if I could be moving on something. A mini-trampoline or even just sitting on a Pilates ball can help with keeping some part of you active (even if it's just the abs) while you otherwise watch TV or play games.
Glad it worked for you! It just makes sense, doesn't it?

Bookmark   February 2, 2009 at 3:54PM
rivkadr

My husband rides the exercise bike every day, and plays his PSP or Nintendo DS while doing it. He originally weighed 225 when he started doing this about 3 years ago, now he weighs 175. It works!!

My feeling on it is, do what you gotta do to keep interested in doing the exercise. I always watch DVDs while on the bike or treadmill, myself.

Bookmark   February 2, 2009 at 7:26PM
bulldinkie

its amazing how fast the hour goes by.It gets to be natural, your feet going while playing games.

Bookmark   February 14, 2009 at 7:31AM
More Discussions
Just a Rant
I know that I need to exercise and that is why I am...
sameboat
Weekly Support 27 Oct - 2 Nov
Happy Monday! Hi everyone, It's my weigh day - down...
mcpeg
Atkins Diet Treat
I am hoping this little treat helps someone. I know...
sameboat
Need a diet buddy
Okay, I'm starting over again on my diet this year,...
Wheezie123
new - join me - weekly support oct 1 - 5
This forum has been dead for some time. Let's give...
mcpeg
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™