Jelly Roll Pan Recommendations

botanical_drifterFebruary 3, 2011

Can someone help me pick out a jelly roll pan? What size is standard for recipes? etc.

Thanks,

botanical_drifter

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
grainlady_ks

I'd suggest shiny aluminum, and you can find professional grade at a Restaurant Supply Store that will keep it's shape. Flimsy pans that are this large can warp.

I have jelly roll pans in two sizes because I have recipes for both.

10-1/2 x 15-1/2 x 1 (10-cups)

12-1/2 x 17-1/2 x 1 (12-cups)

-Grainlady

Bookmark   February 3, 2011 at 9:53AM
sushipup1

The half-sheet pans are most versatile, that's the largest size Grainlady mentioned. You can also get them at WalMart, $7 or $8 each. Get several.

Bookmark   February 3, 2011 at 10:07AM
lindac

half sheet pans are great as cookie sheets or for a recipe that calls for that size pan...I think I only have 2 that do.
But a standard "jelly roll pan" the size that you would actually bake the sponge cake for a jelly roll or the chocolate cake for a buche de noel or for a rolled souffle....or even many brownie recipes.
A standard jelly roll pan is 10 1/2 by 15 1/2 a half sheet pan is 12 by 17.
And check your oven....I have 2 ovens and the half sheet pans won't fit into the smaller oven.
Linda C

Bookmark   February 3, 2011 at 10:43AM
annie1992

Mine pans are 12x17 and I only have one oven, so one will fit in perfectly.

Mine are shiny aluminum, PolarWare, made in the USA. I have half a dozen of them because I use them for everything from Texas sheet cake to baking rolls for family dinners to roasting big bunches of vegetables. A triple batch of brownies fits just bout right and I've used them to make pumpkin rolls at Christmas , although I don't make graditional jelly rolls very often. I also use them to bake cookies. Mine came from Sam's Club, less than $10 for two.

Annie

Bookmark   February 3, 2011 at 4:46PM
filiusjohannis_gmail_com

LindaC:

I wanted to let you know that the info you provided was a big help to me. I had a recipe that said to use a "jelly roll pan" but did not indicate what size. I have at least two different sizes of what look like jelly role pans. But since you said "a standard jelly roll pan is 10 1/2 by 15 1/2" that gave me a good indication which one to use, and the recipe ended up turning out great. So thanks!

Bookmark   April 24, 2011 at 3:23AM
lindac

Glad to hear that....not much worse than using too big a pan and baking a "cake cookie"...!Even worse than using too small a pan and having it spill out the sides!
Linda C

Bookmark   April 24, 2011 at 9:46AM
alucy

In case anyone's still looking, I just picked up the 10 x 15 jelly roll pan made by USA pans and have been very impressed with it, it's solid, heavy and cleans up like a dream. Best price I've seen is Bed Bath & Beyond for $9.99, about $7-8 after coupon (not all BBY stores have them, so check first). Sur La Table also carries this line (branded with their name) and the same company makes the goldtouch bake ware for Williams Sonoma.

Here is a link that might be useful: USA Pans

Bookmark   April 25, 2011 at 5:45AM
More Discussions
I'm a corned beef virgin
I was at Sam's club today and they had nice looking...
Holly- Kay
Canning tomato juice worth it?
Hi All - I'm thinking about canning tomato juice this...
jennieboyer
So what is "a bunch"?
It drives me crazy when recipes call for a bunch of...
laceyvail
Weird "guy food" that's actually delicious?
You know what kind of food I mean? Not the kind of...
plllog
How to Buy Pistachios for a Recipe
I'm planning on trying a recipe I found on Food.com...
Cassandra
Sponsored Products
Poly Lumber Oriole Feeder
Fifthroom.com
Jellyfish LED Red Accent Lamp
$23.98 | Lamps Plus
Exterior Collections Textured Black Jelly Jar Wall Mount
$26.00 | Bellacor
Leucos | Ether 150 S
YLighting
Ahh Products 36-Inch Wide Wavelength Jelly Bean Cotton Washable Bean Bag Chair
Overstock.com