Lennox Fireplace

webfeetFebruary 10, 2012

Hi,

I am new to the forum, but I have come here many times in search of answers to home renovation questions.

We pulled out our wood burning fireplace and now want to use this space to install gas fireplace.

We live in Canada do we have central heating and therefore this fireplace isn't to heat, well anything. The room is only 300 sq feet. We want the fireplace to warm the room up, if needed. Their is an air return in the room so it could be used it the power was to go out.

Okay my question. We are looking at a Lennox MLDVT-40 or the Napoleon GD70 Starfire. We are not sure which one to go with. The prices are about the same (once you include the cost of the blower). I do like the clean face (louver-less design)of the Lennox and since the room is small and the unit isn't to heat we really don't need the blower.

So any thoughts?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
takepride

Hello,
I have sold both of these units. The MLDVT-40 and the GD70 are not really comparable units. The Lennox has a max of 20,000BTU's with around 60% efficiency.The Napoleon has up to 35,000BTU's with an efficiency of around 80%.
For the size of your room the Starfire is going to be overkill as far as heat output.
The Napoleon HD40 or the BGD42CF would be more comparable to the Lennox MLDVT-40.
Hope this helps!

Bookmark   February 12, 2012 at 11:15PM
More Discussions
Fireplace Options?
Looking to put a wood burning fireplace in our new...
rmverb
Can woodstove clog a chimney in a month??
We had a Quadrafire 5100 woodburning stove insert installed...
kitasei
Converting wood fireplace to gas fireplace
Help, I'm overwhelmed. Any link to a good site that...
nosoccermom
How can I update this 60s facade?
The home I'm buying was built in 1959 and I don't think...
demeterchaos
Help me decide on a fireplace unit for new build
We are doing a gas Heatilator unit. Is there much difference...
brodyt
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™