My house smells!
So we converted our gas fireplace back to wood burning.
Its a normal fireplace at least i thought it was.
It has an ash pit in the back of the fireplace, and we have this vent in the front which was a new one to me.
The vent has a like a lid, and a flap that opens and closes it, but this thing does not really seal all the way.
We can have great fires, and everythign is fine once i get the thing going.
Its the next day, or 2 days, or all of the sudden out of no where the entire house just smells like ash when we wake up.
I have tried all differnet combinations.
Flu open, Vent Open
Flu Closed, Vent Closed (sorta but it leaks)
Flu open just a touch, vent closed
flu open medium, vent open
I can't seem to find a setting where this does not occur.
What am I doing wrong??????
Is this floor vent the thing causing the problems? My flu seems to close just fine.
O yea, I then had a sweep come and clean the thing, but that hasn't helped either.