Quadra-Fire 2700i installed
Just yesterday the installer completed the basic install. He's tweaking the surround back at the shop still but we've been enjoying our first burns. So far so good. We didn't expect it to heat the whole house but it's doing better than I'd expected.
The only problem we've had is that at first we thought too much smoke was escaping out the door when we opened it to add wood, or when first lighting. The draw up the flue just didn't seem strong enough. Then I noticed that the baffle board that sits on top of the manifold tubes had shifted over to the left about 2" during transit/install, messing up the flow. After fixing that it seems to perform much better. Now we just have to find the happy medium of burn time vs heat output. Lots of experimentation to follow!