Looking for a slim direct-vent clean face fireplace

NoahInSwampscottJanuary 3, 2013

Hi, I want to add a masonry-look gas fireplace to my family room, but with the only appropriate wall being an interior wall, I'm struggling to find a shallow depth direct vent. I considered vent-free (As an experimental scientist/physical chemist, I have no problem running my ~50k Btu oven with the oven door open to heat the kitchen quickly, and I don't see a difference, plus I have massive 72" ceiling fans and very wide doorways/high ceilings to thoroughly mix the air).

I do, however, have concerns over the long-term value when the house is sold (lots of people distrust vent-free), as I want to build out a marble surround and well-trimmed/architecturally integrated mantle into my victorian home that I hope will stay there for a long time! I have included a photo of my near-ideal firebox "look" to demonstrate how concerned I am with a true masonry look.
My problem is that the fireplaces which look most masonry-like are quite deep and/or B-vent, and I'd like to get efficiency, and keep the framed depth to ~15" or less. I've considered the BGD36CF from Napoleon and the Lennox SLDVT, but neither blow me away with their specs nor look.

Does anyone know of other options out there I may have missed that have come out since the last post on this topic here at GW ?

Thanks, njk

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Macey

Lennox MLDVT40 and 45 are the upgraded versions of the builder version SLDVT. More logs, fire-grate, better burner design, 16" deep. Three brick liner options. At 23,000 BTU's and 65% AFUE rating, it won't cost you and arm and a leg to run. Once you get past the low to mid 20K BTU's and higher AFUE rating the fireplaces become larger and take up 20 to 30" of floor space.

Bookmark   January 10, 2013 at 12:28AM
More Discussions
Gas Fire Place
I have a direct vent gas fireplace with a standing...
JakeBrey
Harmon pellet stove.
What is your experience? I purchased a Harmon P-38...
mulesrider
Couple of questions about installing stone veneer
Little background - original lava rock fireplace was...
rosebay
Power for Fan
So I have a very nice Martin sc36 gas fireplace that...
ACwannaBe
Gas fireplace that looks real in new build
Yes I know everyone want their gas logs to look real....
asyrp43
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™