Wood Stove Pipe Confusion

doug6430January 5, 2010

I have an old VC Resolute I want to hook up. Running it through the ceiling is not practicle. I plan on coming straight up and elbow through a drywall partition. I am really confused by all the posts on what exterior pipe I should use. I received quotes on stainless steel 6" double wall/triple wall pipe anywhere from $ 150 to $ 450 for a 36" length. I know I can run single wall inside until I break through the wall, but I am confused on the double wall, triple wall ... I was just looking at Simpson and next I see a post that states trtipple wall is NG. Could someone reccomend a reasonable, practical and economical solution for running exterior pipe up the side a one story cabin? My intention is to eventually build a chase around it in the spring.

Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Linear Fireplace
Can I put a 60 inch linear fireplace in place of this...
1st timer needs pellet stove guidence
The wife and I just bought a new single floor 1800...
Semi-detached home shared flue fireplace
Hi this is my first post to this forum so forgive me...
How can I update this 60s facade?
The home I'm buying was built in 1959 and I don't think...
Xtrordinair Fireplace
We were directed to a local shop selling this product....
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™