family get-together

grannytmeDecember 23, 2009

hello everyone, I had asked my family (brother and daughter,wife wouldn't get out of bed, sis &husband, 2nd sis (widow) and last sis and husband ( couldn't make it from southern Ohio) understood that with snow that was called for here in sw Pa. to come to our home for the 19th. at 1:00. There would have been 18 people. THEN, the SNOW!!!!!

Everyone canceled!

That evening, the 19th, at 8, my sister called and said they would all like to come on the next day! They had the food prepared ahead (thanks to you all who helped with the menu). We did have a good time and ended with renewed relationships that had been damaged before.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gellchom

Thank you for posting and telling us. I'm so glad it went well and you are all getting along better now. 2010 will be a better year for your family.

What did you end up serving? Old family favorites? New discoveries?

Bookmark   December 23, 2009 at 11:20PM
grannytme

I served: baked ham bbq meatballs
scalloped potatoes baked beans
cauliflower salad pear salad perfection salad
veg and relish trays
mt, dew apple dumplings many many assorted cookies
We had a great time!

Bookmark   December 28, 2009 at 4:29AM
gellchom

That sounds like real comfort food. I know your family enjoyed it.

Bookmark   December 28, 2009 at 6:48PM
dinkans

My daughter makes us a small scrapbook each year with family pictures she's taken during the year. Actually she makes such a scrapbook for each of our immediate family (4). They are a real keepsake and not too expensive (but they do take a lot of planning and time to assemble).

This year we gave our grandkids season passes to the local children's theatre. That means we'll have 4 planned "outtings" with them during the next year. (And their parents will have 4 afternoons "kid free".) We also bought them a scooter to share at our house. More toys they don't need.

My dad buys whatever he wants whenever he needs it. This year I fixed him up with a snack sack - crackers, nuts, candy, cheeses, summer sausage, etc. I also tucked in a pair of slipper socks. He should be set for the New Years Day ballgames!

Bookmark   December 30, 2009 at 9:48PM
More Discussions
Planning ahead: graduation
My oldest is graduating college in May (yeah!). His...
jewelisfabulous
guests who just won't leave
I couldn't find a thread on this topic, so here goes... I...
swampwitch
Gift for 80th. Birthday
We're invited to a restaurant for an 80th birthday...
suvgal
Worst visit ever
A friend and I were going out today, we live in different...
BGOS
Guests always bring along a dog
How would you handle this? My wifes long time friend...
Don_
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™