Snow covered chimney (New England)
We have two chimneys, both regularly inspected and maintained. The furnace vents through one. The second chimney (non-furnace venting) has a chimney cap, but right now -- after all our recent snowfall -- it is completely covered with about 2 feet of snow. My question: we can't reach this chimney to clear the snow. Do we assume it would be unwise to light a fire given we can see nothing but a large mound of snow on top -- not a glimpse of the chimney cap. Is there any way other than physically removing the pile of snow atop the chimney to clear it enough to safely light a fire? (Seems a dumb question ... but there is more snow on the way and we have about 3 feet already -- would LOVE to have a fire!!)
Thanks for any advice!